Seymour energy recovery feasibility assessment and conceptual design
Metro Vancouver retained Water Street Engineering Ltd. to determine the technical and financial feasibility of installing an energy recovery system on the Seymour supply to the Seymour Capilano Filtration Plant. The work included:
- Hydraulic modelling to determine energy available after upgrades to the supply main.
- Selection and sizing of appropriate design turbines (a 1000 kW Kaplan turbine was found to be most suitable).
- Development of a practical micro-hydro energy recovery concept for the location.
- Developing energy generation forecasts, cost opinions and financial analysis.
- Technical implications for integration of the energy recovery system into the treatment plant.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Client: Metro Vancouver
- Water Street Engineering - Project Lead, hydraulic modelling, financial analysis, civil, and mechanical pre-design
- StruthersTech - Electrical
- Gygax Engineering Associates - Structural
- Golder Associates - Cost Estimating, Technical Review